CompTIA Network+ N10-007 (Retired and Replaced with N10-008)
The CompTIA Network+ N10-007 certification is a vendor-neutral certification that verifies the knowledge and skills required to manage, maintain, troubleshoot, install, operate, and configure basic network infrastructure. The certification is designed for network administrators, network technicians, network installers, help desk technicians, and junior system administrators who have a basic understanding of networking concepts.
- Network concepts
- Network operations
- Network security
- Network troubleshooting and tools
To prepare for the N10-007 exam, it is recommended that the candidate has a basic understanding of network components and protocols, such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and IP addressing. Additionally, knowledge of network security and troubleshooting methodologies, as well as basic understanding of virtualization, cloud computing, and wireless technologies, is also important.
- Cost: The cost of the N10-007 exam is $329 USD.
- Passing Mark: The passing mark for the N10-007 exam is 720 points on a scale of 100-900.
- Time: The N10-007 exam is 90 minutes long.
- Delivery Method: The N10-007 exam can be taken in a Pearson VUE testing center, or online through the Pearson VUE online proctoring service.
- Format: The N10-007 exam is a multiple-choice and performance-based format.
To successfully pass the N10-007 exam, it is recommended that the candidate has hands-on experience with networking concepts and technologies, as well as a solid understanding of the exam objectives. Additionally, it is recommended that the candidate use study materials such as CompTIA authorized study guides, practice exams, and online training courses to help reinforce their knowledge and prepare for the exam.
In conclusion, earning the CompTIA Network+ N10-007 certification can help demonstrate an individual's knowledge and skills in networking, which can lead to better job opportunities and higher salaries. It is a valuable investment for anyone looking to build a career in networking and IT infrastructure.