If you are interested in obtaining the Certified Data Centre Specialist (CDCS-001) certification, you will need to pass the CDCS-001 exam. This exam is designed to test your knowledge and skills related to data center infrastructure management, design, and maintenance. In this article, we will provide you with information on how to pass the CDCS-001 exam, including the exam objectives, exam details, and related books to help you prepare for the exam.
The CDCS-001 exam covers a variety of topics related to data center infrastructure management, design, and maintenance. The exam objectives include the following:
- Understanding data center design principles, best practices, and standards
- Implementing and managing data center infrastructure, including power and cooling systems, cabling, and racks
- Managing data center security and compliance, including physical security, access control, and risk management
- Implementing and managing data center automation and monitoring solutions
- Managing data center operations, including change management, capacity planning, and incident management
- Managing disaster recovery and business continuity in a data center environment
The CDCS-001 exam is a computer-based exam that consists of 100 multiple-choice questions. The exam duration is 2 hours, and the passing score is 70%. The exam fee is $499, and it can be taken at any authorized Pearson VUE testing center or online through the Pearson VUE platform. The exam format is closed-book, and no outside materials or aids are allowed during the exam.
Who Should Take the Exam? The CDCS-001 exam is intended for individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in data center infrastructure management, design, and maintenance. This exam is also suitable for IT professionals who are responsible for managing data center operations, as well as for data center technicians and engineers who are responsible for installing and maintaining data center equipment.
Prerequisites and Qualifications: There are no specific prerequisites for taking the CDCS-001 exam. However, it is recommended that candidates have at least two years of experience in data center infrastructure management or a related field.
To prepare for the CDCS-001 exam, GAQM recommends the following books:
- "Data Center Fundamentals" by Mauricio Arregoces and Maurizio Portolani (ISBN: 978-1-58705-023-6)
- "The Data Center Handbook" by Hwaiyu Geng (ISBN: 978-1-4665-1385-5)
- "Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals" by Gustavo A. A. Santana (ISBN: 978-1-58720-487-5)
- "Data Center Networks" by Douglas E. Comer and David J. Stevens (ISBN: 978-1-58705-182-0)
In conclusion, passing the CDCS-001 exam requires a solid understanding of data center infrastructure management, design, and maintenance principles. You can prepare for the exam by studying the exam objectives, using the recommended books, and practicing with sample questions. Good luck on your exam!