The Oracle 1z0-149 exam, also known as the "Oracle Database Program with PL/SQL" exam, is designed to validate your knowledge and skills in working with PL/SQL programming language and Oracle database management. Passing this exam demonstrates your expertise in developing efficient and secure PL/SQL applications and managing Oracle databases effectively. To help you prepare for the exam, let's explore the exam objectives, prerequisites, exam process, and related books.
The Oracle 1z0-149 exam covers the following key topics:
- PL/SQL language fundamentals
- Creating and managing PL/SQL subprograms
- Using PL/SQL packages
- Designing PL/SQL code for optimal performance
- Implementing error handling techniques in PL/SQL
- Working with database triggers and managing dependencies
- Using advanced features of PL/SQL
- Securing PL/SQL code and managing privileges
- Managing and using PL/SQL-based collections
- Understanding SQL injection and securing PL/SQL against it
Who should take the exam?
The Oracle 1z0-149 exam is intended for developers, database administrators, and professionals working with Oracle databases who want to enhance their skills and validate their expertise in PL/SQL programming. This exam is suitable for individuals seeking to advance their careers in Oracle database development and administration roles.
Prerequisites and Qualifications:
There are no formal prerequisites for taking the Oracle 1z0-149 exam. However, it is recommended that candidates have a solid understanding of PL/SQL programming language, Oracle database concepts, and hands-on experience in developing PL/SQL applications and managing Oracle databases. Familiarity with SQL, database design, and data modeling is also beneficial.
To help you prepare for the 1z0-149 exam, consider the following recommended books:
- "Oracle PL/SQL Programming" by Steven Feuerstein
- "Oracle Database 12c PL/SQL Programming" by Michael McLaughlin
- "Oracle PL/SQL Best Practices" by Steven Feuerstein
- "Oracle Database 12c PL/SQL Advanced Programming Techniques" by Michael McLaughlin
These books provide comprehensive coverage of PL/SQL programming concepts, best practices, and advanced techniques. They offer hands-on examples, exercises, and practical insights to help you strengthen your understanding and skills in PL/SQL development.
The Oracle 1z0-149 exam is a proctored certification exam conducted by Oracle. Here are the key details:
- Cost: The exam fee may vary depending on your region. It is recommended to check the Oracle Certification website for the most up-to-date pricing information.
- Passing Mark: The passing score for the 1z0-149 exam is typically around 60-70% (exact percentage may vary).
- Time: The exam duration is usually 120 minutes (2 hours).
- Delivery Method: The exam is delivered through Oracle's certification platform.
- Format: The exam consists of multiple-choice questions, and you will be presented with a series of scenarios and asked to choose the best answer or complete the code snippet. The exact number of questions may vary.
It is important to note that the exam format and details are subject to change, so it is recommended to visit the official Oracle Certification website or contact Oracle directly for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the exam.